Friday 16 March 2012

Art Bead Scene

I found Art Bead Scene's fantastic blog by chance, and I'm glad I did. The blog itself is packed with gorgeous photos and inspiration from a number of contributing artists. It's kept fresh and interesting with daily posts and fun weekly events like 'Studio Saturdays' where artists are interviewed about their work.

Not only is the blog filled with inspiration and beady eye candy, they hold a monthly contest. The theme for this month's contest is a beautiful painting by Van Gogh. I was lucky enough to find the blog in time to participate in this month's contest, and here's what I made.






The focal is by Tan Grey, the small bead above it by Sue Simmons, and the swirly lampwork beads by Julia Hay. I incorporated carnelian, citrine, and labradorite gemstones, as well as beautiful Czech glass beads. I framed the piece with copper plated connectors and handmade bead caps.

Have a look at the other entries for this month's and previous contests on the ABS's Flickr and check out their blog for more details on the contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment