Friday 15 June 2012

Ebook feature

Joanne Tinley of Daisychain Jewellery has written an ebook on combining wirework, macramé, and art beads. There are 6 new projects using art beads from Moogin Beads, Humble Beads, Starry Road Studio, Beads of Passion, and over 100 photos of step by step instructions on macramé techniques.

There's also a gallery with inspirational jewellery from six artists. I was lucky enough to be one of the artists featured in the book's gallery.

  

I made Aurora Nights specifically for Jo's ebook, and was thrilled when she accepted my bracelet. Here's a bit more about Aurora Nights.

The focal of this bracelet is a beautiful dichroic cabochon by Laney Mead. I complimented Laney's cab with a vintage lampwork bead from the Netherlands (Old Bicycle Shop), Chinese crystals, Czech glass, and foiled lampwork. I added organza ribbons and cotton cord using square knots to secure the crystals along the bracelet.

I used copper to wrap the cab and join everything together. Finally, I added my own wire wrapped and forged clasp.

 

Jo's book is available in her shop, Daisychain Jewellery. Expect to see new work from me using some of the techniques in her book!

No comments:

Post a Comment