Thursday 5 July 2012

6th BSBP has arrived!

Prepare yourself for a picture overload! This morning, I received the most beautiful and colorful package of beads. Everything Maryse sent me is gorgeous.

I told Maryse I liked gem-tones, sari silk, and vintage things. With that little info, she sent the perfect bead soup. I opened all of the carefully labeled baggies to reveal a stunning collection of lampwork, leather cord, vintage components, 23k vermeil, and sari silk. I was moved, to say the least! Here's the whole soup...


Isn't it amazing? She really captured what I love, but it's all very different to what I'm used to working with. I don't usually use gold color - much less vermeil. But it goes beautifully with the vibrant sari silk and lampwork beads Maryse made.








I can't wait to use these gorgeous beads. Maryse used 23k gold foil on her lampwork. She made them in different shapes and sizes. There's a great variety of color, too - some are spicy orange,  others are beautiful opaque white, salmon, and turquoise. I'm already getting ideas! I love the texture on the round purple and gold one.

 

Here's a close up of the vintage components. These are definitely special. Maryse included some lovely, French religious medallions and sparkly rhinestone components. My favorites are the little brass flowers and the blue enameled medallion.

Last but very-not least are the focals (that's right, two!) and clasp. Maryse made me two beautiful lampwork focals. It's going to be hard to choose which one to use. I'm thinking both! Don't you love the texture on the vermeil clasp?


Maryse is not only generous, but very talented. I love, love her lampwork, and adore the soup she's made for me. Everything blends together to make a spicy Moroccan style bead soup - what more could I ask for. Even the card matches!
 


You can check out Maryse's blog here to see what she received from me. And don't forget to pop into her Etsy shop to see more gorgeous lampwork.

12 comments:

  1. What a fun collection to play with!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And how! I've already started. It's hard not to be inspired by this soup.

      Delete
  2. That is a gorgeous soup. Have a blast with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am! Maryse sent me such beautiful beads, it's hard not to.

      Delete
  3. Really lovely mix of items...Her lampwork beads are a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a treasure. I've done something a bit special with them - hope she likes it.

      Delete
  4. That is a beautiful soup! I love her lampwork beads, too - she is a true artist! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful soup to work with...the lampwork beads are to die for! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lampwork is very elegant. They're the first thing I used!

      Delete