Tuesday 10 July 2012

Rainbow chain...

Here's a little something I made with some of the free beads Tanya sent me. Using these colorful beads as a rainbow might be a little clichéd, but why not? They're fun beads!
 


I wire wrapped the mother of pearl beads into a beaded chain. Then I made a silver plated hook clasp and macramed the rest of the bracelet. I used black cotton cord and lark's head knots I learned in Macramé, Art Beads and Wire.



The bracelet was finished at that point, but I went a step further and made a wire cloud charm. It dangles neatly between the rainbow beads. A silver lining in every cloud!



Tanya sent me quite a few other beads. Check out my previous post for all of them. Be sure to have a look at Tanya's blog to find out how you might win some beads. Keep an eye out for what I make next!

5 comments:

  1. Very Pretty.Every cloud has a silver lining and all LOL.Love what you did with these. Will have to sit and be inspired myself.I kept some of these for me too but havent played yet.Love and hugs to you
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya! They're really fun beads. I'll try and get in progress pics for my next project. Already buzzing with ideas!

      Delete
  2. GREAT blog.Love the peaceful colours. Love and hugs to you Tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya! I had some tips from people in the Bead Soup Cafe on my banner. It really helped!

      Delete