Tuesday 12 February 2013

Flaming toys and tools

Well, I finally got to use my new blowtorch. It's a little handheld affair, but I love it. It's so much better than the little pen torch I started with (actually, I took it from hubby!).

After massive drama filling the torch with gas, I had a play at making copper headpins. Want to see?




I love ball end headpins, and what could be better than rosy ball headpins? They add a great rustic touch. I'm experimenting with making ones large enough to use with lampwork beads. I've added two dozen of these to my shop.

There's also a new ring. Wire wrapped in warm brass with genuine turquoise...

2 comments:

  1. I like the head pins Leah, so warm coloured. My daughters favourite ring is the little bow one that you made! Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I plan to make more for my shop. x

      Delete