Wednesday 20 February 2013

Trade beads and more

My friend in France, Solange, sent me some amazing beads as a gift. I wasn't expecting them and was so excited when they arrived!

Solange sent me a number of African trade beads, handmade brass beads, and shells. I've started using some, so they're not all in the photo. 




My favorite has to be the trade beads. They're so colorful and charming. I love that they're handmade, and each one is different than the next. But also they're filled with history. 

 

Solange has more of these beautiful beads in her shop. She has also used some in her own designs. I love them! It's the perfect time of year to add some color to my jewelry, too. Watch this space! :)

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh super coolness! Have fun with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those trade beads, I'm sure you'll come up with some cool designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful gift to get! stopping by all the blogs taking part in the bead soup blog party. cant wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really look forward to seeing what you make with those trade beads Leah. What a lovely gift x

    ReplyDelete